Welcome

A combination of vigorous musicians and ignorant ladies bound together to bring forth an adventerous story based on imagination.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Once Around The Ride

I wasn't so sure about this, for a few reasons. Toms apartment seemed strange. i have never seen residents in the building or doing laundry at the laundry mat next door. everyone around here seemed sneaky. Toms apartment was a small single bedroom living space with only two windows and a patio. The kitchen looked like it has never been heavily cleaned. maybe a few wipes of duster here and there, but overall scummy. Tom didn't have a dish to wash. The fridge was never full. maybe a pack of beer, slice of cheese, and a jar of pickles. i wouldn't say tom was poor. tom just thought he had better things to spend his hard earned money on. like boots, jewelry, or new guitars. the light fixtures dated back to the 1940. the light bulbs were loosing their juice and the room was always faint. all in all, the apartment was bleak and lurid. Tom never turned the thermostat past 72 degrees.
Tom slept 'til noon, sometimes 2:00 at the latest. i was always up around 9:00 in the morning. by the time i was finished taking a shower, crimp and teasing my hair, get dressed and putting on my makeup-up, tom was getting up.
At 6:00 Tom and I headed down to the club that he would be playing at. he expected me to attend every show. i went, even though the club wasn't "my scene". most nights, i stood next to the emergency exit smoking a cigarette, looking miserable enough for no one to want to talk to me. i was only there for Tom, i didn't need to be social. After the show, i would meet tom backstage where he would already be drinking with the guys. Tom wasn't the type of man to get drunk. he'll drink when its offered, but not over do himself. when he did get drunk, he wasn't violent. Tom was just civil, to say the least. Wail Tom was having his fun, i would chat with Cheyenne, Eric's new girlfriend. which, i always regretted because she would end up in tears or yelling at Eric. i didn't speak at all when amber was there. she scared me enough to not want to find out what would happen if i was to be on her bad side. I hated it when Tom would yell at her. it was rude! no matter how much she deserved it..
At about midnight tom was crawling into bed. i had fallen asleep in the Taxi and didn't even make it to the bed that me and Tom shared. I'd wake up the next morning on the couch, and start the day just as it was before.
I've been living with Tom for three weeks and I'm already bored. damn it Linda, i fucking hate you!
Maybe it was too soon to be living with tom. maybe living with him now will help me understand what I'm getting myself into..

No comments:

Post a Comment