Welcome

A combination of vigorous musicians and ignorant ladies bound together to bring forth an adventerous story based on imagination.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Flower Shop

"Tom! look!" i pointed to a lady with a bump purtuding out of her blouse. she was standing in line at a flower shop across the street, holding a meager wooden basket pull of roses and sunflowers. "what?" tom asked, completley dissaranged. "shes pregnaunt!" i informed him. "do you think she would let me touch her belly?" i asked him. tom starred at me "what? kayla, dont. that poor lady has enough to worry about. she has an alien inside of her!" i rolled my eyes. tom can be so naive. "uhh. just- stay here, okay? i'll be right back." i watched the street, carefully examing the traffic. "kayla! come on, dont mess with her. please." when i found my chance to cross the street, i ran. "kayla!" tom yelled from the other side of the road. i casually picked up a few tulips and placed them in a wooden basket. i had no intension of buying them, but i needed to pretend like i was so the woman wouldnt think i was deranged. she looked at me as she heard my heels clicking on the cement as i walked in line behind her. i smiled and asked "how far along are you?" she smiled back and layed her hand on her bump "eight months." "aww thats great! is it a boy or a girl?" i asked. Tom came up from behind me and put his hands on my shoulders. "they say its a boy, but they could be wrong." "when are you due?" "on the 21st." i thought she felt comfortable with me enough to ask "could i touch it?" before i could reach my hand out, tom grabbed it. "honey, im sure she doesnt want you feeling her stomache." i pulled my hand away from his grip and felt her stomache anyway. tom rolled his eyes. as i placed my hand on her stomache i felt it move. "oh my god! its moving! tom, touch it!" the lady laughed at my excitment. tom ignored me. i took my hand off her stomache. being polite, i introduced myself "im kayla, and this is my husband tom." "im chloe." she said. "so, are you married?" i asked, scared that i would offend her. maybe she's one of those unfortunate women to get knocked up. who know? "yes, for six years now." chloe didnt look a year over 30. married young i suppose. "what does your husband do for a living?" common polite adult talk. "construction." back to the topic of the "alien" in her stomache. "is this your first child?" i was curious. "we have one other. a five year old baby girl." tom had lost interest a long time ago. he starred at the ground, with his arms locked infrount of his chest. "how do you like having kids?" i asked. "its been great. we love it! we are hopeing to have one more after this, to make three." as if i couldnt count. "three kids, eh?" "dont you think that would be a handful?" tom asked, now interested. "i suppose, but its worth it." "im sure." he said sarcastically. i could tell tom wasnt enjoying this convorsation. "well, it was nice meeting you chloe. me and tom have some things to take care of, i wish you luck."i set the basket of flowers on the counter. "gooday" she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment